17 - 22 October / 22
Inspired Dance Film Festival is Australia’s premiere international dance on film festival, created to celebrate & showcase dance filmmakers. We are excited to partner with Qld Ballet and their stunning venue, Thomas Dixon Centre, which makes Brisbane the home for our 2022 season. This year we expand on our core values of inclusivity by introducing new award categories to shine the light on the diversity of our industry. This season includes:
*10 curated screenings
*workshops and master classes
*discussion panels with industry professionals
The festival culminates in our much anticipated Gala Screening and Awards Ceremony.
Submissions Now Open
Submissions Open – 19th January 2022
Early Bird Deadline – 30th April 2022
Regular Deadline – 2nd August 2022
Extended Deadline – 22nd August 2022
24th – 30 October 2022
Shorts – 20 min or Under
Best Student Dance Film Award (18 yrs +)
Best Short Dance Film Award
Best Avant-garde Dance Film Award
Best Mobile Device Dance Film Award
Best Australian First Nations Dance Film
Best Accessible Dance Film Award
Best Queer Dance Film Award
No Time Restrictions
Best Live Capture Dance Film Award
Best Documentary or Feature Dance Film Award
Best of the Fest Dance Film Award
Best Australian Dance Film Award
Best International Dance Film Award
BWP Studios Best Film Production Award
Peoples Choice Award
Early Bird Deadline
Standard $65 / Students $45
Standard $75 / Students $55
Standard $85 / Students $65
• Free ticket to the screening of your film.
• Industry networking and discovery opportunities.
• Inclusion in our permanent digital archive.
• Official “IDFF Selection” laurel to help promote your film.
Unfortunately we can’t cover travel or accommodation expenses, but we would be
happy to provide an official letter of invitation for you to seek travel grants.
1) All dance short films of any style must be under 20 min (including title and credits), to be considered. There is no time limit for live capture, documentary and feature films.
2) Films must have a production date of January 1, 2019, or later.
3) Submissions accepted via FilmFreeway exclusively.
4) EXHIBITION FORMATS – Selected films will be requested to provide the
highest quality file in Pro-Res format for cinema screening.
5) You cannot use copyright material unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorisation from the musician, artist, writer or record label and must be granted for worldwide release. We may ask for this documentation at any time.
6) Entrants must agree to their film being uploaded to the IDFF website, shown online on IDFF Vimeo/Youtube channel and IDTV at the festival organiser’s discretion unless stated otherwise and/or discussed with IDFF.
7) By entering IDFF, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of our festival if selected as well as any subsequent tours of our programs.
(Please note: Although we will accept films that are publicly available online, in order to attract press coverage for your film, it is preferred that links remain PRIVATE until after the closing of the festival)