Terms and Conditions
1. Films for Inspired Dance Film Festival (IDFF) Official Selection must be no longer than 20 minutes for short film categories, and no longer than 50 minutes for documentary and feature film category, including titles and credits. There is no minimum time limit.
2. IDFF accepts any and all dance genres.
3. You can use any software to edit video and audio.
4. You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
5. You cannot use copyright material unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorization from the musician, artist, writer or record label. We may ask for this documentation at any time.
6. You may also be required to provide Dancer Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in your film.
7. The festival is open to filmmakers of ALL ages.
8. Submission deadlines are 31st March 2021 (early bird), August 29th, 2021 (regular), and 18th September 2021 (extended).
9. Entrants must agree to their film being uploaded to the IDFF website and shown online and on the IDFF Vimeo/Youtube channel at the festival organiser’s discretion unless stated otherwise and/or discussed with IDFF. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any concerns about this.
10. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
11. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. If your film is selected as a finalist it must be submitted in 16:9 ratio and in a non-compressed format. We recommend an MP4 or .mov, files in the largest size possible, with a constant frame rate and Stereo 48kHz sound so it will look good on the big cinema screen.
13. Your film can have screened in other film festivals, just as long as you have never entered it into IDFF (unless approved by festival directors at their discretion).
14. Submissions accepted exclusively through FilmFreeway.
15. You can enter as many films as you like.
16. If anyone is found to have broken any of the rules then you may be disqualified from the festival at the discretion of the panel.
17. By entering IDFF, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of our festival if selected as well as any subsequent tours of our program.
18. By entering, you agree to allow IDFF to distribute your film to a third party. Your film’s producer will be consulted on any deals and we will never distribute your film without complete permission and agreeance to do so. If no suitable agreement can be found, then we will not include your film in the distribution. This in no way impacts your entry in to IDFF itself.