Submissions Now Open!
Submissions Open – 18 January, 2024
Early Bird Deadline – 22 February, 2024
Regular Deadline – 4 August, 2024
Extended Deadline – 25 August, 2024
11 – 20 October, 2024
Shorts – 20 min or Under
Best Student Dance Film Award (18 yrs +)
Best Short Dance Film Award
Best Art / Experimental Dance Film Award
Best Mobile Device Dance Film Award
Best Australian First Nations Dance Film
Best Accessible Dance Film Award
Best Queer Dance Film Award
No Time Restrictions
Best Live Capture Dance Film Award
Best Documentary Dance Film Award
Best Extended Short or Feature Dance Film Award
Best of the Fest Dance Film Award
Best Australian Dance Film Award
Best International Dance Film Award
BWP Studios Best Film Production Award
Early Bird Deadline
Standard $75 / Students $55
Standard $85 / Students $65
Standard $95 / Students $75
• Free ticket to the screening of your film.
• Industry networking and discovery opportunities.
• Inclusion in our permanent digital archive.
• Official “IDFF Selection” laurel to help promote your film.
Unfortunately we can’t cover travel or accommodation expenses, but we would be
happy to provide an official letter of invitation for you to seek travel grants.
1) IDFF accepts dance films of any style/genre. All short films must be 20 min or under (including title and credits). There is no time limit for live capture, documentary and feature films.
2) Films must have a production date of January 1, 2020, or later.
3) Submissions accepted via FilmFreeway exclusively.
4) EXHIBITION FORMATS – Selected films will be requested to provide the
highest quality file in Pro-Res format for cinema screening and HD mp4 for online screening.
5) You cannot use copyright material unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorisation from the musician, artist, writer or record label and must be granted for worldwide release. We may ask for this documentation at any time.
6) Entrants must agree to their film being uploaded to the IDFF website, shown online on IDFF Vimeo/Youtube channel and IDTV at the festival organiser’s discretion unless stated otherwise and/or discussed with IDFF.
7) By entering IDFF, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of our festival if selected as well as any subsequent tours of our programs.
(Please note: Although we will accept films that are publicly available online, in order to attract press coverage for your film, it is preferred that links remain PRIVATE until after the closing of the festival)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Films for Inspired Dance Film Festival (IDFF) Official Selection must be no longer than 20 minutes for short film categories, including titles and credits, and no time limit for documentary and feature film categories. There is no minimum time limit.
2. IDFF accepts any and all dance genres.
3. You can use any software to edit video and audio.
4. You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
5. You cannot use copyright material unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorisation from the musician, artist, writer or record label and must be granted for worldwide release. We may ask for this documentation at any time.
6. You may also be required to provide Dancer Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in your film.
7. The festival is open to filmmakers 18yrs and above.
8. Submission deadlines are 30th April 2023 (early bird), 23rd July 2023 (regular), and 12th August 2023 (extended).
9. Entrants must agree to their film being uploaded to the IDFF website and shown online and on the IDFF Vimeo/Youtube channel and IDTV at the festival organiser’s discretion unless stated otherwise and/or discussed with IDFF. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about this.
10. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
11. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. If your film is selected as a finalist it must be submitted in 16:9 ratio and in a non-compressed format. We recommend ProRes files in the largest size possible, with a constant frame rate of 24 fps and Stereo 48kHz sound the best quality presentation. You will also need to provide a high res MP4 for digital presentation.
13. Your film can have screened in other film festivals.
14. Submissions accepted exclusively through FilmFreeway.
15. You can enter as many films as you like.
16. If anyone is found to have broken any of the rules then you may be disqualified from the festival at the discretion of the panel.
17. By entering IDFF, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of our festival if selected as well as any subsequent tours of our program.
18. By entering, you agree to allow IDFF to distribute your film to a third party. Your film’s producer will be consulted on any deals and we will never distribute your film without complete permission and agreeance to do so. If no suitable agreement can be found we will not include your film in the distribution. This in no way impacts your entry into IDFF itself.