Perth / 13 -14 Nov
Palace Cinema, Raine Square
Building on the success of last year, we have extended this year’s festival to a 2-day event that features 6 curated film screenings that culminate in a red-carpet Gala Screening and Awards Presentation.
The 2021 season includes new award categories; Best Live Capture Dance Film, Best Mobile Device Dance Film, and Best Documentary or Feature Dance Film Award, offering greater recognition to the wonderful filmmakers out there.
Click to view the Full Festival Program
2021 SUBMISSION DATES
Submissions Open – 31st December 2020
Early Bird Deadline – 30th April 2021
Regular Deadline – 29th August 2021
Extended Deadline – 18th September 2021
Best Student Dance Film Award (18 yrs +)
Best Avant-garde Dance Film Award
Best Mobile Device Dance Film Award
Best Live Capture Dance Film Award
Best Australian Dance Film Award
Best International Dance Film Award
Best Documentary or Feature Dance Film Award
Best of the Fest Dance Film Award
BWP Studios Best Film Production Award
Peoples Choice Award
Early Bird Deadline
Standard $65 / Students $45
Standard $75 / Students $55
Standard $85 / Students $65
• Free ticket to the screening of your film.
• Industry networking and discovery opportunities.
• Inclusion in our permanent digital archive.
• Official “IDFFA Selection” laurel to help promote your film.
Unfortunately we can’t cover travel or accommodation expenses, but we would be
happy to provide an official letter of invitation for you to seek travel grants.
1) All dance films of any style of 20 min or under for short films and 50 min or under for documentary and feature films, including title and credits, will be considered.
2) Films must have a production date of January 1, 2018, or later.
3) Submissions accepted via FilmFreeway exclusively.
4) EXHIBITION FORMATS – Selected films will be requested to provide the
highest quality file in Pro-Res format for screening.
(Please note: Although we will accept films that are publicly available online, in order to attract press coverage for your film, it is preferred that links remain PRIVATE until after the closing of the festival)